a free and open source electronic lab notebook
Designed by researchers, for researchers, with usability in mind.
It is a PHP + MySQL application, that you install on a server. And after that, everything is in the browser.
- free as in freedom
- free as in beer
- works with any operating system (Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, etc…)
- RFC 3161 compliant timestamping of experiments (for intellectual property)
- export experiments in pdf or zip archive
- database to store reagents, protocols or anything you want
- one install can host several teams
- you can install it at the organization level, for your team only, or on your computer
- allows customization of status of experiments, type of items, colors, etc…
- upload any type of files, embed images in the text
- can fit any kind of lab (chemistry, biology, physics, astronomy, etc…)
- can be used in a classroom
- translated in half a dozen languages already
- did I say it was free ? (license AGPL)
You can find a full list of features here.
Hello, my name is Nicolas CARPi and I’m an engineer in Institut Curie, Paris, France.
If you have any question or suggestion or just want to chat, please send me an email : nicolas.carpi AT curie.fr.
You can also contact me / follow me on Twitter.
Subscribe to the newsletter to be warned when a new version is released.