a free and open source electronic lab notebook
Designed by researchers, for researchers, with usability in mind.
It is a PHP + MySQL application, that you install on a server. And after that, everything is in the browser.
because it is open source (and free)
and also because it has a lot of nice features among which :
- works with Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, etc…
- RFC 3161 compliant timestamping (for intellectual property)
- export experiments in pdf or zip archive
- database to store reagents, protocols or anything you want
- allows customization of status, type of items, colors, etc…
- upload any type of files, embed images in the text
- can fit any kind of lab (chemistry, biology, physics, astronomy, etc…)
- translated in half a dozen languages already
- did I say it was free ?
You can find a full list of features here.
I love software websites without screenshots of the actual thing. − No one ever.
Screenshots are cool, but if you want to really feel what the app can and cannot do, head to the live demo :
The login and password are “demo”.
So you have decided to give a chance to eLab? Great! To install it, just follow the instructions.
Hello, my name is Nicolas CARPi and I’m an engineer in Institut Curie, Paris, France.
If you have any question or suggestion or just want to chat, please send me an email : nicolas.carpi AT curie.fr.
You can also contact me / follow me on Twitter.